5 Fruit Recipes Straight from the Chef's Kitchen
Looking for some amazing recipes to try your hands on this summer? Don't worry we got you covered. Summers offer a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables that demand to be added to your dishes. Here's a list of 5 healthy and delicious fruit recipes straight from the chef's kitchen:
1. Softened Plums with Yogurt
The perfect summer dessert is fruity, fresh and not at all complicated.
- You just need unsalted butter, honey, ripe pitted plums, fresh orange juice, Greek yogurt and low-fat granola.
- Mix butter and honey and cook on a nonstick pan until the butter melts.
- Add plums pieces and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add orange juice and cook for 3 minutes over medium flame. Let it cool.
- Top servings with granola and yogurt and serve immediately.
2. Peach salad
Rich in antioxidants, dietary fibers and anti-inflammatory properties, this peach-berry salad is definitely going to be the showstopper in your house party.
- You just need peaches, thinly sliced (peeled) cucumber, fresh lemon juice, grated lemon rind, fresh mint, honey, cumin seeds (roasted & crushed), salt, black pepper powder and fresh berries.
- Thaw the peaches gently and remove the excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Pair them with fresh berries and toss the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve this fresh fruit salad.
3. Apple & raisin coleslaw
A great coleslaw has two main characteristics- creamy & crunchy. However, this recipe brings a little twist to the traditional notion. Now you can have the goodness of imported apples by shopping online from IG International, the best fresh fruit importer in India.
4. Black forest Parfait
- Its ingredients include sour cream, mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, sugar, black pepper, salt, unpeeled Rome apple, golden raisins and packed cabbage & carrot coleslaw.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and stir with a whisk.
- Add apple, raisin and coleslaw and toss it.
- You can also add some nuts like almonds or walnuts to make it healthier.
Originated in France, parfait is a synonym for perfection. It is a cold dessert made with whipped cream or yogurt and fresh fruits.
- The main ingredients include sweet pitted cherries, cornstarch, crumbled chocolate wafer cookies and vanilla Greek yogurt.
- If you don't have cherries, strawberries are a great alternative.
- Mix cherries with cornstarch and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes at HIGH.
- Mash the cherries until you get the desired consistency.
- Take a serving glass, put some chocolate cookie crumbles, add the cherry mix and top it up with Greek yogurt and garnish with some cookie crumbles.
5. Apple crisps with oatmeal crumble
This summer make a healthy and fulfilling apple dish for your guests.
- You just need granny smith apples, brown sugar, melted butter, fresh lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, nutmeg & crumbled oatmeal cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Peel and chop thin slices of apple and toss all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Arrange the coated apples in a fan shape and sprinkle the crumbled oatmeal cookies on them. Bake them for 5-10 minutes at 400°.
It's very simple to make and super-healthy to serve.
Worried about the supply of fresh fruits throughout the year? Buy fresh fruits online from the top fruits importer in India and stay stress-free!